Tuesday, August 28, 2012

THE WORLD IS FLAT

 I have always been taught that  "The world is round". And the the assumption that it would turn to be flat was far too far from my understanding. However, Thomas Friedman's lecture proved to be quite promising.
The World is really flat meaning  that there are no walls, no boundaries. New technological flattenners such as: the Berlin Wall,The Netscape, Workflow, Outsourcing, Fiber-optics and many others contributed to the creation of  the  completely new Universal World which is an open platform where people can collaborate and  work in manyfold ways connecting each others' applications.
Do you imagine what it means to be a TEFL professional at this New technologically developed age with such advanced geniuses as Cameron,Dylan, Dana, Nafiza and Olivia.What struck me most is that those children use their technological skills to do useful jobs: animal protection, movie making, helping peers and professors with their problems etc.

Children,children.....

They really deserve great attention. I am sure that all the children are skillful enough only to  be given the right tools to use. In my turn  I shall encourage  my own children and students  to sit in front of the computer,why not help me with my problems as those children's professors did.  We future teachers should make our classes technologically biased, our students should be guided through the Flat World where technological knowledge is the key core.




No comments:

Post a Comment